-
December 21st, 2005, 11:13 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Has anyone tried Jeff Marquart?s 604 XO with any small horn 604s? I am thinking of using them with a C frame/horn, E cone 604. Thanks in advance for any advice or impressions on this combo.
Marty
-
December 23rd, 2005, 02:24 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Thanks for the advice, I?m going to give them a try.
-
December 23rd, 2005, 04:38 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
I've used them on E's and G's. They work great. Use oil caps and foil type inductors.
-
December 23rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I've been experimenting with the Markwart on my G's as well, oil motor run caps and foil inductors.
Just tossed on a breadboard for now and I'll probably upgrade the resistors and eliminate the pot when I decide on a setting I like but I'm very happy with the performance.
-
December 24th, 2005, 04:03 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Cool stuff,
I was thinking of doing mine in separate enclosures so that I could experiment with different parts, I guess I better make them large enough for some monster oil capacitors. I was going to start with some solens and upgrade from there. I was also thinking of trying the solen litz coils as I had good luck with them before foil inductors were widely available.
-
February 27th, 2006, 12:15 AM
#6
Hostboard Member
Originally posted by billfort:
I've been experimenting with the Markwart on my G's as well, oil motor run caps and foil inductors.
Just tossed on a breadboard for now and I'll probably upgrade the resistors and eliminate the pot when I decide on a setting I like but I'm very happy with the performance.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hello!
I would like to build Jeff's XO's for my 604 8G's. After locating evrything except the L-pad, I read about that the oil caps producing better sound than the poly's, so I thought that I should do the same thing that you did with yours, I assume you used all 6uF caps and connected 2 of them for 12uF and connected 4 of them and added a 1uF to make 25uF? As far as the L-pad, I have two of them in a pair of 801-8A XO's that I no longer use and assume they should work in Jeff's schematic? Can you tell me where I can find the oil caps and foil inductors? I really like the massive look of your version, I think a wood and stainless base with the caps sticking out would look very cool.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks